Thursday, February 23, 2006

New Scientist Quantum computer works best switched off - News

New Scientist Quantum computer works best switched off - News

Okay I have a sick fascination with quantum theory. Not that I really understand it completely, or even semi completely, okay not very well at all, but I do find Schrodinger's Cat kind of cool.

The brilliant researchers at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign have built a "non-running" quantum computer that really works. In perhaps the understatement of the year, the team member Onur Hosten commented:

"It is very bizarre that you know your computer has not run but you also know what the answer is."


I couldnt' agree more, even if I understood it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?