Saturday, October 08, 2005

More on torture

One thing I neglected to do was mention how complete the Senate vote on the interrogation amendment was a repudiation of the Bush Administration's position. First of all 46 Republicans, that's right 46 out of 55, voted for the amendment, 43 Democrats joined, along with one independent. It was a rout. In addition, retired General and former Secretary of State Colin Powell, who tried to block the administration's efforts to implement its policies when he was Secretary of State, wrote a letter supporting Senator McCain's effort to end these practices.

Comments:
Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm still getting my sealegs on blogging. I'll definitely give Keith's blog a look as well. Oh and I'll definitely take a look at your cholesterol medication articles, I've been told that I might be a consumer in the near future. Thanks
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?